Left to my own devices

Monday, September 26, 2005

Multi-tasking killed my music
When an album from a my favourite musician was released, I would spend days listening to it. Listening means just that, enjoying, absorbing without doing anything else. Listen to the words, the instruments, the arrangement. Listen until I would be able to follow it in my mind like a trail. Before the end of one song, I would know how the next song begins.

Nowadays I listen to music while working, drawing, reading, anything but just... listening. I tried to just sit down and do just that once in a while but before the end of the third song, my rational mind would manage to break in, take over. Make me feel guilty over being so luxury about time. I can't relax, can't breathe. I struggle and I give in. Yes, I m pathetic.

I miss the days of music listening. Its something that I have lost. Hopefully one day, it will be back.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger 火鳥 said…

    哈囉!那是中學時期常做的事!很懷念?再穿一次白衣綠褲吧!........... 哈哈!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger lefty said…

    I m afraid I no longer can feed into them anymore, but I m not giving up hope yet. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home