Left to my own devices

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I Draw!
Vovin was complaining (about something, as usual) that I sounded too much like a musician rather than an artist in my blog. So, I decided to do something about it and write about something I love most, drawing.

Last weekend, while Vovin is throwing his temperamental ass around Penang, I was flogging away designing 8(8!) Characters for his new creation and squeezing them into a panel. Its for the header to his blog tale, www.gita_online.blogspot.com. In order not to let all those extra sketches go to waste, I decided to publish them here.

Basically, its for his Vovin-ness’ fantasy tale called, “Love Song for a Vagabond” (I took the liberty to translate it from the original ‘jiwang’ title: “Gita Kasih Sang Vagabond”)

These characters, according to his Jiwang-ness, are based on his friends and the background is basically like Lord of the Ring. First come, “Dia”, or “Him” in English. Hmm... I wonder who is this character based on, himself?



Dia is an ordinary guy around the age of 25.




Second character is called Sophia, a very down to earth princess.




Zach the thinker wannabe and also a wonderer. On top of him is Adia Ninavia, a pigeon(?).




Zen the apprentice magician, youngest among the group.





Jami, less bandito and her partner Samaseer.










And finally, Ahmad the warrior.










To read Vovin's story or see Lefty's finished artwork, visit gita online

1 Comments:

  • At 2:25 AM, Blogger Nazri said…

    Ahh...terharunya. wheres the nigga n geisha?

    Akakaka!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home